Office of the University Registrar (OUR) is a customer service and compliance unit within the Enrollment Management division. The OUR's customer service and processing transactions consist of engaging with current and former students, alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and third-party agencies. The core function of the OUR is the management of academic records and related services in the context of federal, state, and institutional policies. Additionally, the Office supports enrollment service operation across 17 schools and colleges, and Temple Japan. The OUR is comprised of three core teams: data & research, audit & compliance, and customer service. The three teams work collaboratively with other units within the University to strengthen compliance and realize opportunities in the areas of service improvement and operational efficiency.
The Office of the University Registrar's mission is to support student success by delivering excellence in our practice. Through the stewardship of Temple University's academic records, we serve as a resource for the University community and an advocate for students.
Our mission is guided by the following core values:
- Ethics: upholding and promoting ethical standards and the integrity of student academic records
- Service: consistently providing quality, fair, and equitable service to the University community
- Respect: being honest, ethical, and respectful in our interaction with each other and the University community
- Learning: enhancing student success by broadening our collective knowledge and sharing that knowledge with each other and the University community
Our mission will be demonstrated and accomplished through:
- Effective, open, and proactive communication
- Advocating for practice that ensures the quality and integrity of student academic record keeping
- Enhancing quality, innovation, and effectiveness in the management and delivery of student services
- Creating and sustaining an environment that fosters learning and continuous professional development