The Academic Record Amend (or correction) procedure regulates requests for academic record inaccuracies submitted to the Office of the University Registrar by currently enrolled or former students regardless of their course level. Adherence to this procedure is intended to help Temple University meet applicable state, federal, and accrediting requirements when amending academic records. Academic records governed by this procedure include registration records, grade records, curriculum records, and degree records for all student levels. Students seeking to correct inaccuracies found in their academic records should consult Temple University’s Policy Regarding Confidentiality of Student Records (policy no. 03.20.11).


What constitutes a record correction?

  1. Registration - missing a course on a transcript or course appearing on a transcript that should not appear.
  2. Grades - a grade discrepancy appearing on a transcript. Please note: disagreement over a particular grade should be addressed through the grade grievance procedure for the school/college.
  3. Curriculum - missing a curriculum record or an incorrect curriculum record, such as a minor, concentration, certificate, etc. 
  4. Degree record - a degree not appearing on the transcript.


How do I initiate the petition?

Petition to amend academic record must be submitted via TUportal. Before submitting the petition, be sure to have the supporting documents ready for upload.

  1. Using your TUportal login, sign into Academic Record Correction Petition app to submit a Record Amend/Correction petition.
    • Don't have an active TUportal account? Former students and alumni can activate it through the identity validation process then sign into TUportal.
  2. Complete the required form fields.
  3. Upload supporting documents.
  4. Click the Submit button.
  5. You will receive a confirmation upon submission.

The Office of the University Registrar will review the petition and the supporting documents. In addition, the Office will conduct our own research and review of records available to us. Typically, the review process may take 30-45 business days.


Who should I contact if I have any questions?

Before we can discuss anything related to your record amend request, we will ask for a petition. Once the petition is submitted, you will receive an email. Please reply to that email for additional questions.