What does this mean?
The term "drop" refers to an action taken by a student during the drop period to discontinue enrollment in a course. The term "withdraw" refers to an action taken by a student to discontinue enrollment in a course after the drop period but prior to the withdrawal deadline.
The drop and withdrawal deadline for each course is available in the My Courses tab in TUportal.
- Students enrolled a undergraduate, graduate, post-baccalaureate, and non-degree undergraduate level.
- Students with or without an active hold.
- Students enrolled in a Short Duration Course (SDC) or Early Term Start (ETS) course
Professional level students (Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Podiatric Medicine): Contact your advisor for assistance with registration
What should I know about drop/withdraw?
How do I drop or withdraw from one or more course(s)?
To drop or withdraw from one or more course follow these steps:
- Sign-in to TUportal, then click on the My Courses tab.
- Select the Term, then click on the course.
- Click on the Details icon to view the course information. The drop and withdrawal deadlines will appear in the registration card.
- The Drop/Withdraw button will appear as appropriate. Click on the Drop/Withdraw button to initiate the request if the action is within the deadline.
- Based on your record, your request may follow one of the option listed below:
- Redirect to Self-Service Banner: You will be redirected to self-service Banner to complete the drop/withdrawal action on your own.
- Administrative Action: If there is a hold on your account, your request will be sent to the Office of the University Registrar to complete the drop/withdrawal request. You will receive a request submission confirmation via email, and a follow-up after the action is completed.
If you contact your advisor for assistance, your advisor may recommend that you facilitate the change via My Courses. Drop or withdrawal requests submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.