What does this mean?
The term "drop" refers to an action taken by a student during the drop period to discontinue enrollment in a course. The term "withdraw" refers to an action taken by a student to discontinue enrollment in a course after the drop period but prior to the withdrawal deadline.
Applies to: Undergraduate, graduate, post-baccalaureate, and non-degree undergraduate level students
Professional level students (Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Podiatric Medicine): Contact your advisor for assistance with registration
What should I know about drop/withdraw?
How do I drop or withdraw from one or more course(s)?
To drop or withdraw from one or more course follow these steps:
- Sign-in to TUportal.
- Click on the My Courses tab.
- Select the Term.
- Click on the course.
- Click on the Details icon to view the course information.
- The drop and withdrawal deadlines will appear in the registration card.
- The Drop/Withdraw button will appear as appropriate. Click on the drop/withdraw button to initiate the request.
- You will receive a confirmation upon submission
If you contact your advisor for assistance, your advisor may recommend that you facilitate the change via My Courses. Drop or withdrawal requests submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.