What is the relevant terminology related to graduation?
What are the important deadlines related to graduation?
Degree completion term
Application deadline to appear in the Commencement Book
Diploma name change deadline
Recorded on the transcript and diploma issuance
May 15 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)
First week of June
August 15 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)
First week of September
January 15 at 11:59 p.m. (ET)
First week of February
Students enrolled in a degree-program, such as a Certificate, Bachelor, Master, Doctoral or professional degree, should apply to graduate when they become degree-eligible. Students should regularly meet with their academic advisors to ensure academic program requirements are being met. Review the general graduation processing timeline to learn when your degree will be transcripted, diplomas awarded, etc. Once a graduation application has been submitted, it cannot be rescinded.
The name appearing on your official diploma will be your legal name listed on the official academic record. You must verify that your legal name is correct. If the legal name needs to be updated, you can submit a Personal Information Change form prior to the deadline.
- Most undergraduate majors do not display on the diploma. Your digital diploma will show more program details as can bee seen in the sample.
- You will only receive one diploma even if you completed two majors. Your digital diploma will show more program details as can bee seen in the sample.
- Graduated students will receive their digital diploma 4-6 weeks after their school/college confirms the completion of degree requirements. After the digital diploma has been issued, students will receive instructions to request one copy of their print diploma at no additional cost. Unfortunately, digital or print diplomas cannot be issued any sooner than the dates noted for each graduation term.
- Unresolved financial obligations will prevent the release of the official diploma, but not the conferral of the degree.
- Visit the diploma page for more detail.