What is Act 48 and who does it apply to?
Beginning July 1, 2000, Act 48 of 1999 requires all persons holding Pennsylvania professional educator certification to complete continuing education requirements every five years in order to maintain their certificates in active status. This applies to all educators holding Pennsylvania public school certification including Instructional I and II, Educational Specialist I and II, Administrative, Supervisory, Letters of Eligibility and all vocational certificates, whether or not currently employed.
How do I request Act 48 credits?
As a Pennsylvania professional educator, you may request an electronic transmission of Temple University credits to the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) under Act 48 by following these steps:
- Using your TUportal login, sign into the Act 48 Credits app to submit Act 48 credit request.
- Don't have an active TUportal account? Former students and alumni can activate it through the identity validation process then sign into TUportal.
- Upload the completed Act 48 form.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will receive a confirmation upon submission.
- After the your record is submitted to the PDE, you will receive another confirmation.
Can I drop off my documents in-person?
For privacy and confidentiality reasons, Office of the University Registrar does NOT accept paper forms or documents in-person or by email.
Who do I contact for assistance?
For questions about eligibility and acceptable courses for Act 48 credits, please visit the PDE website