What does Identity (ID) Validation mean?
Identity Validation is a security measure we have in place to ensure your identity matches the records in our system to grant you access to TUportal. An active TUportal account is required to request services related to your academic records.
Who does this apply to?
- All former students and alumni including those who attended Temple Japan and Temple Rome who no longer have access to TUportal.
- Currently enrolled students will have an active TUportal account.
Common identity validation questions
Can I drop off my documents in-person?
For privacy and confidentiality reasons, Office of the University Registrar does NOT accept paper forms or documents in-person or by email.
How do I initiate the validation process?
- Begin the online identity validation process.
- In Step 1, you will be asked to provide your personal information and a valid email address.
- You will receive an email with a link to continue to Step 2.
- In Step 2, you will be asked a series of questions to confirm your identity.
- If the questions are answered correctly:
- Your identity will be verified without any additional steps.
- You will be provided with the next steps to activate your TUportal account.
- If the online identity validation process fails:
- You will be provided with instruction to confirm your identity manually.
- Complete the PDF form provided to you and send the form along with a government issued photo ID showing your full name and date of birth.
- Submission instructions are found in the PDF form.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for a complete review of the documents provided and a thorough research to match records.
- Once we complete the review, you will receive an email with instructions to activate your TUportal account.
Who do I contact for assistance?
If you have any questions, please contact us using TUhelp.